Map services – updates
30/03/2023 Updated changelog with information about changes.
See changelog for complete overview. Major changes are also described here.
- Service and map layer, Discovery, history – by HC type. Service includes all discoveries on hydrocarbon-level, and will in time also be populated with history.
- Service and map layer, Discovery, all – by HC type (ID: 503) will be renamed to Discovery, active – by HC type (ID: 503) and additionally get extended properties from Discovery, all – by main HC type (ID: 504).
- EL – Exploitation licence – current with geometry (ID: 619)
- Substitute with: CO2 licence – current with geometry (ID: 626)
- EL – Exploitation licence, all (ID: 620)
- Substitute with: CO2 licence, all (ID: 627)
Updates will be done 4/13/2023.
Director Communication, public affairs and emergency response
Research article on natural oil and gas seeps on the Norwegian shelf
07/06/2023 The scientific data being presented in a new research article documents one of the largest gas seepage areas in the Arctic Region.
Dry well near the Troll field in the North Sea
01/06/2023 Equinor Energy AS, operator of production licence 923, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 31/2-23 S.
Drilling permit for well 30/11-15
30/05/2023 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Aker BP ASA drilling permit for well 30/11-15, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Questions about exploration? AI Neil at your service!
26/05/2023 Do you want to learn more about exploration on the Norwegian shelf, but don’t know where to start? Chat with Neil, your geological assistant, to learn everything about relinquisment reports.
Production figures April 2023
23/05/2023 Preliminary production figures for April 2023 show an average daily production of 2 035 000 barrels of oil, NGL and condensate.
NPD geologist re-elected to UN post
22/05/2023 In late April, geologist Stig-Morten Knutsen was re-elected to the board of a UN expert group for resources (United Nations Economic Commission for Europe /Expert Group on Resource Management – UNECE/EGRM).
Gas/condensate discovery near the Kristin field in the Norwegian Sea
12/05/2023 Equinor Energy AS, operator of production licence 255 B, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 6406/5-2 S.
Announcement of awards in predefined areas (APA) 2023
10/05/2023 The Ministry of Petroleum and Energy announced APA 2023 on 10.05.2023, encompassing the predefined areas with blocks in the North Sea, Norwegian Sea and Barents Sea.
Revised guidelines to the annual status reporting for fields in production
28/04/2023 Revised guidelines to annual status report for fields in production, and template for tables has been published.
Not enough exploration in the Barents Sea
26/04/2023 On Wednesday, a sold-out crowd at the Barents Sea Conference in Hammerfest heard Director General Torgeir Stordal encourage more exploration.