2/1-15

12/08/2013 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Det norske oljeselskap ASA a drilling permit for wellbore 2/1-15, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Well 2/1-15 will be drilled from the Mærsk Giant drilling facility at position 56°52’58.14’’N and 3°12’47.53’’E following completion of the drilling of wildcat well 2/1-16 S for Talisman Energy Norge AS in production licence 299.

The drilling programme for wellbore 2/1-15 concerns the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 542. Det norske oljeselskap ASA is the operator with an ownership interest of 60 per cent. The other licensee is Tullow Oil Norge AS (40 per cent). The acreage in this permit consists of parts of blocks 2/1.

Production licence 542 was awarded on 19 February 2009 (APA 2010). This is the first well to be drilled in the licence.

The permit is contingent upon the operator having secured all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling starts.


Contact in the NPD:
Kristian Runestad, tel. +47 51 87 60 27

 

Map - Download pdf

Updated: 12/08/2013

Latest news

Boreløyve for brønn 6407/9-13 i utvinningsløyve 1060
22/10/2021 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has issued a drilling permit to Equinor Energy AS for well 6407/9-13, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Dry well southeast of the Johan Sverdrup field in the North Sea – 17/8-1
22/10/2021 Lundin Energy Norway AS, operator of production licence 976, is in the process of concluding the drilling of wildcat well 17/8-1.
Drilling permit for well 36/1-4 S in production licence 885
21/10/2021 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has issued a drilling permit to Wellesley Petroleum AS for well 36/1-4 S, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Production figures September 2021
20/10/2021 Preliminary production figures for September 2021 show an average daily production of 2 022 000 barrels of oil, NGL and condensate,
Drilling permit for well 24/12-7 in production licence 1041
18/10/2021 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has issued a drilling permit to Aker BP ASA for well 24/12-7, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Minor oil and gas discovery near the 7122/6-1 (Tornerose) discovery in the Barents Sea – 7122/6-3 S
13/10/2021 Vår Energi AS, operator of production licence 901, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 7122/6-3 S.
Dry well near the Solveig field in the North Sea – 16/4-12
08/10/2021 Lundin Energy Norway AS, operator of production licence 981, is in the process of concluding the drilling of wildcat well 16/4-12.
25 years’ experience with safe and secure CO2storage
05/10/2021 Carbon capture and storage (CCS) is a hot topic. Director General Ingrid Sølvberg recently took part in a panel discussion at the EU-Norway Energy Conference to spread the word about safe and secure storage of CO2 on the Norwegian shelf.
Minor oil discovery near the Ekofisk field in the North Sea – 2/5-15
28/09/2021 DNO Norge AS, operator of production licence 006 C, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 2/5-15.
Delineation of the 6507/3-13 oil and gas discovery southwest of the Norne field in the Norwegian Sea – 6507/3-14
28/09/2021 Equinor Energy AS, operator of production licence 159 B, has concluded the drilling of appraisal well 6507/3-14.