2/4-22 S

30/07/2014 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 2/4-22 S, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Wellbore 2/4-22 S will be drilled from the Mærsk Gallant drilling facility at position 56°42' 58.12'' north and 3°10' 3.11'' east.

The drilling programme for wellbore 2/4-22 S relates to drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 146. Statoil Petroleum AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 77.8 per cent. The other licensee is Total E&P Norge AS (22.2 per cent). The area in this licence consists of parts of the 2/4 block. The well will be drilled about 20 kilometres north of the Ekofisk field.

Production licence 146 was awarded on 8 July 1988 (12th licensing round on the Norwegian shelf). This is the thirteenth well to be drilled in the licence.

The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before commencing drilling activities.


Contact in the NPD

Kristian Runestad, tel. +47 51 87 60 27

Map - Download pdf

Updated: 30/07/2014

Latest news

Data from old wells is now available
17/08/2022 Data from the analysis project that Earth Science Analytics AS carried out on assignment from the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) in 2021 is now available for download.
Drilling permit for well 6608/1-1 S
15/08/2022 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted PGNiG Norway Upstream AS drilling permit for well 6608/1-1 S, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Oil and gas discovery northeast of the Skarv field in the Norwegian Sea – 6507/3-15
12/08/2022 Aker BP ASA, operator of production licence 941, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 6507/3-15.
NPD to present new resource report
04/08/2022 On Thursday, 25 August, Kjersti Dahle Grov, Director of Technology, Analysis and Coexistence, will present the Resource Report 2022.
Drilling permit for well 6507/8-11 S
03/08/2022 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Equinor Energy AS drilling permit for well 6507/8-11 S, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Dry well near the Brage field in the North Sea – 31/4-A-13 C
29/07/2022 Wintershall Dea Norge AS, operator of production licence 055, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 31/4-A-13 C.
High level of activity on the Norwegian shelf in the first half of 2022
20/07/2022 50 years after the Storting (parliament) decided to establish the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD), there is still plenty of activity on the Norwegian shelf.
Production figures June 2022
20/07/2022 Preliminary production figures for June 2022 show an average daily production of 1 529 000 barrels of oil, NGL and condensate.
Drilling permit for well 31/1-3 S and 31/1-3 A
20/07/2022 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Equinor Energy AS drilling permit for well 31/1-3 S and 31/1-3 A, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Gas discovery near the Skarv field in the Norwegian Sea – 6507/2-6
13/07/2022 Aker BP ASA, operator of production licence 261, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 6507/2-6.