Text size adjustment

Hold down the Ctrl key (PC) or Cmd key (MAC) and press "+" to enlarge or "-" to reduce the text size.

7120/1-5

16/12/2016 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Lundin Norway AS a drilling permit for wellbore 7120/1-5, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Wellbore 7120/1-5 will be drilled from the Leiv Eiriksson drilling facility, at position 71°56' 15.97" north and 20°14' 57.37" east.

The drilling programme for wellbore 7120/1-5 relates to the drilling of an appraisal well in production licence 492. Lundin Norway AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 40 per cent. The other licensee is Aker BP ASA with 60 per cent. The area in this licence consists of the blocks 7120/1 and 7120/2.

The well will be drilled about four kilometres north of the 7120/1-3 discovery well in production licence 492.

Production licence 492 was awarded on 29 February 2008 in APA 2007.

The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before commencing the drilling activities.


Contact in the NPD:

Per Henning Sæle, tel. +47 51 87 64 52

7120/1-5

Updated: 16/12/2016