6507/3-12

18/01/2017 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 6507/3-12, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Wellbore 6507/3-12 will be drilled from the Deepsea Bergen drilling facility at position 65° 58' 3.93" north and 7° 56' 1.64" east.

The drilling program for wellbore 6507/3-12 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 159 B. Statoil Petroleum AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 85 per cent. The other licensee is Dong E&P Norge AS with 15 per cent. The area in this licence consists of a part of block 6507/3. The well will be drilled about 11 kilometres southwest of the Norne field.

Production licence 159 was awarded in licensing round 12 Part B on the Norwegian shelf and production licence 159 B was carved out on 13 August 2004.

The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing drilling activities.

 

Contact in the NPD:

Per Henning Sæle, tel. +47 51 87 64 52

6507/3-12

Updated: 18/01/2017

Latest news

Oil and gas discovery northeast of the Skarv field in the Norwegian Sea – 6507/3-15
12/08/2022 Aker BP ASA, operator of production licence 941, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 6507/3-15.
NPD to present new resource report
04/08/2022 On Thursday, 25 August, Kjersti Dahle Grov, Director of Technology, Analysis and Coexistence, will present the Resource Report 2022.
Drilling permit for well 6507/8-11 S
03/08/2022 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Equinor Energy AS drilling permit for well 6507/8-11 S, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Dry well near the Brage field in the North Sea – 31/4-A-13 C
29/07/2022 Wintershall Dea Norge AS, operator of production licence 055, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 31/4-A-13 C.
High level of activity on the Norwegian shelf in the first half of 2022
20/07/2022 50 years after the Storting (parliament) decided to establish the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD), there is still plenty of activity on the Norwegian shelf.
Production figures June 2022
20/07/2022 Preliminary production figures for June 2022 show an average daily production of 1 529 000 barrels of oil, NGL and condensate.
Drilling permit for well 31/1-3 S and 31/1-3 A
20/07/2022 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Equinor Energy AS drilling permit for well 31/1-3 S and 31/1-3 A, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Gas discovery near the Skarv field in the Norwegian Sea – 6507/2-6
13/07/2022 Aker BP ASA, operator of production licence 261, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 6507/2-6.
Dry well near the Fenja field in the Norwegian Sea – 6306/3-2
11/07/2022 ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS, operator of production licence 935, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 6306/3-2.
Temporary appointment - Director general
04/07/2022 The Ministry of Petroleum and Energy has announced a temporary appointment, naming Torgeir Stordal (60) as Director General of the NPD from 30 June and until a new Director General of the NPD is hired.