2/11-12 A

21/12/2018 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted AkerBP ASA a drilling permit for well 2/11-12 A cf. Section 15 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Well 2/11-12 A will be drilled from the Maersk Interceptor drilling facility in position 56°10'10.93"N and 03°26'12.54"E

The drilling programme for well 2/11-12 A relates to the drilling of wildcat wells in production licence 33. AkerBP ASA is the operator with an ownership interest of 90 per cent. The other licensee is Pandion Energy AS with 10 per cent. The area in this licence consists of parts of block 2/11 which borders on the Danish Shelf. The well will be drilled about 12 kilometres south of the Valhall field.

Production licence 33 was awarded in 1969 in licensing round 2-A on the Norwegian Shelf. This is the 12th well to be drilled in the licence.

The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.

Contact in the NPD:

Per Henning Sæle, tef. +47 51876452

2/11-12 A

Updated: 21/12/2018

Latest news

Dry well near the Snorre field in the North Sea – 33/6-5 S
27/10/2021 Neptune Energy Norge AS, operator of production licence 882, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 33/6-5 S.
Boreløyve for brønn 6407/9-13 i utvinningsløyve 1060
22/10/2021 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has issued a drilling permit to Equinor Energy AS for well 6407/9-13, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Dry well southeast of the Johan Sverdrup field in the North Sea – 17/8-1
22/10/2021 Lundin Energy Norway AS, operator of production licence 976, is in the process of concluding the drilling of wildcat well 17/8-1.
Drilling permit for well 36/1-4 S in production licence 885
21/10/2021 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has issued a drilling permit to Wellesley Petroleum AS for well 36/1-4 S, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Production figures September 2021
20/10/2021 Preliminary production figures for September 2021 show an average daily production of 2 022 000 barrels of oil, NGL and condensate,
Drilling permit for well 24/12-7 in production licence 1041
18/10/2021 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has issued a drilling permit to Aker BP ASA for well 24/12-7, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Minor oil and gas discovery near the 7122/6-1 (Tornerose) discovery in the Barents Sea – 7122/6-3 S
13/10/2021 Vår Energi AS, operator of production licence 901, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 7122/6-3 S.
Dry well near the Solveig field in the North Sea – 16/4-12
08/10/2021 Lundin Energy Norway AS, operator of production licence 981, is in the process of concluding the drilling of wildcat well 16/4-12.
25 years’ experience with safe and secure CO2storage
05/10/2021 Carbon capture and storage (CCS) is a hot topic. Director General Ingrid Sølvberg recently took part in a panel discussion at the EU-Norway Energy Conference to spread the word about safe and secure storage of CO2 on the Norwegian shelf.
Minor oil discovery near the Ekofisk field in the North Sea – 2/5-15
28/09/2021 DNO Norge AS, operator of production licence 006 C, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 2/5-15.