35/4-2

12/12/2018 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Wellesley Petroleum AS a drilling permit for well 35/4-2, cf. Section 15 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Well 35/4-2 will be drilled from the Transocean Arctic drilling facility in position 61°36'02.54" North and 03°12'19.21" East.

The drilling programme for well 35/4-2 relates to the drilling of wildcat wells in production licence 931.

Wellesley Petroleum AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 60 per cent. The other licensee is DNO Norge AS (40 per cent). The area in this licence consists of the southeastern part of block 34/6, northeastern part of block 34/9, southwestern part of block 35/4 and the northwestern part of block 35/7. The well will be drilled about 30 kilometres south of the Peon discovery.

Production licence 931 was awarded on 2 March 2018 (APA 2017 on the Norwegian Shelf). This is the first well to be drilled in the licence.

The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.

Contact in the NPD:

Per Henning Sæle, tel. +47 51876452

35-4-2

Updated: 12/12/2018

Latest news

Drilling permit for well 24/12-7 in production licence 1041
18/10/2021 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has issued a drilling permit to Aker BP ASA for well 24/12-7, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Minor oil and gas discovery near the 7122/6-1 (Tornerose) discovery in the Barents Sea – 7122/6-3 S
13/10/2021 Vår Energi AS, operator of production licence 901, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 7122/6-3 S.
Dry well near the Solveig field in the North Sea – 16/4-12
08/10/2021 Lundin Energy Norway AS, operator of production licence 981, is in the process of concluding the drilling of wildcat well 16/4-12.
25 years’ experience with safe and secure CO2storage
05/10/2021 Carbon capture and storage (CCS) is a hot topic. Director General Ingrid Sølvberg recently took part in a panel discussion at the EU-Norway Energy Conference to spread the word about safe and secure storage of CO2 on the Norwegian shelf.
Minor oil discovery near the Ekofisk field in the North Sea – 2/5-15
28/09/2021 DNO Norge AS, operator of production licence 006 C, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 2/5-15.
Delineation of the 6507/3-13 oil and gas discovery southwest of the Norne field in the Norwegian Sea – 6507/3-14
28/09/2021 Equinor Energy AS, operator of production licence 159 B, has concluded the drilling of appraisal well 6507/3-14.
Production figures August 2021
23/09/2021 Preliminary production figures for August 2021 show an average daily production of 2 114 000 barrels of oil, NGL and condensate.
Drilling permit for wells 7/11-14 S and A in production licence 906
17/09/2021 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Aker BP ASA a drilling permit for wells 7/11-14 S and A, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Delineation of the 16/1-29 S (Lille Prinsen) oil and gas discovery and minor oil discovery near the Edvard Grieg field in the North Sea – 16/1-34 S and A
16/09/2021 Lundin Energy Norway AS, operator of production licence 167, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 16/1-34 S and appraisal well 16/1-34 A on the 16/1-29 S (Lille Prinsen) oil and gas discovery.
Continued significant interest in exploration in mature areas in APA 2021
15/09/2021 The authorities have received applications from 31 companies in the Awards in Predefined Areas (APA) 2021.