7121/1-2 S

28/11/2018 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Lundin Norway AS a drilling permit for well 7121/1-2 S, cf. Section 15 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Well 7121/1-2 S will be drilled from the Leiv Eiriksson drilling facility in position 71°47'38.40" North and 21°07'30.53" East.

The drilling programme for well 7121/1-2 S relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 767. Lundin Norway AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 60 per cent. The other licensee is INPEX Norge AS with 40%.

The area in this licence consists of the following blocks/parts of blocks: 7120/3, 7121/1, 7121/2 and 7121/4. The well will be drilled about 20 kilometres north of the Snøhvit field and about 25 kilometres east of the 7120/2-3 S, (Skalle) gas discovery, and will test the prospect there (Setter/Pointer).

Production licence 767 was awarded on 7 February 2014 in APA 2013 on the Norwegian Shelf. Well 7121/1-2 S is the first well to be drilled in the licence.

The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.

 

Contact in the NPD:

Per Henning Sæle, tel. +47 51 87 64 52.

7121/1-2 S

Updated: 28/11/2018

Latest news

Drilling permit for well 25/4-15
06/02/2023 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Aker BP ASA drilling permit for well 25/4-15, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Seabed minerals: Substantial resources on the Norwegian shelf
27/01/2023 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has prepared a resource assessment of the seabed minerals on the Norwegian shelf.
Production figures December 2022
20/01/2023 Preliminary production figures for December 2022 show an average daily production of 1 983 000 barrels of oil, NGL and condensate.
Gas discovery near the Aasta Hansteen-field in the Norwegian Sea – 6605/1-2 S and 6605/1-2 A
18/01/2023 Equinor Energi AS, operator of production licence 1128, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 6605/1-2 S and appraisal well 6605/1-2 A.
Drilling permit for well 15/2-2 S and 15/2-2 A
17/01/2023 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted OMV (Norge) AS drilling permit for well 15/2-2 S and 15/2-2 A, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Changes in the regulations
13/01/2023 The Resource Management Regulations and Regulations relating to documentation in connection with storing CO2 on the shelf have been changed.
Six companies have applied for CO2 storage acreage
11/01/2023 The Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy (MPE) has received applications from six companies in connection with the announcement of an area in the North Sea for potential storage of CO2 on the Norwegian shelf.
Announcement: Acreage for CO2 storage on the Norwegian Continental Shelf
11/01/2023 On 11 of January 2023, the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy announced an area for CO2 storage pursuant to the CO2 Storage Regulations.
APA 2022: 25 companies offered ownership interests
10/01/2023 On 10 January 2023, 25 companies were offered ownership interests in a total of 47 production licences on the Norwegian shelf in the awards in predefined areas (APA) 2022.
Investments for the future on the Shelf
09/01/2023 Only rarely have we seen so much oil and gas produced on the Norwegian shelf as was the case last year – and only rarely have we seen such significant investment decisions.