Drilling permit for well 6506/5-1 S in production licence 1008

18/12/2019 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Aker BP ASA a drilling permit for well 6506/5-1 S, cf. Section 15 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Well 6506/5-1 S will be drilled from the Deepsea Nordkapp drilling facility in position 650 31' 26,3'' N and 60 36' 31,3'' E after concluding the drilling of development wells on the Skogul field in production licence 460.

The drilling programme for well 6506/5-1 S relates to the drilling of wildcat wells in production licence 1008. Aker BP ASA is the operator with an ownership interest of 60 per cent. The other licensee is Wellesley Petroleum AS (40 per cent).

The area in this licence consists of part of block 6506 and part of block 6507. The well will be drilled about 38 kilometres northwest of the Heidrun field and 230 kilometres west of Brønnøysund.

Production licence 1008 was awarded on 1 March 2019 in APA 2018 on the Norwegian shelf. This is the first well to be drilled in the licence.

The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.

Map of well 6506-5-1-S

Contact
Per Henning Sæle

Tel: +47 51 87 64 52

Updated: 18/12/2019

Latest news

Dry well east of the Ormen Lange field in the Norwegian Sea – 6306/9-1
17/01/2022 Lundin Energy Norway AS, operator of production licence 886, is in the process of concluding the drilling of wildcat well 6306/9-1.
Record-high revenues from the Norwegian shelf
13/01/2022 The combination of high production of oil and gas from a total of 94 fields, significant demand and high commodity prices led to a historically high level on the State's revenues from petroleum. Much of this is due to record-high gas prices.
Follow the livestream of The Shelf 2021
12/01/2022 Thursday, 13 January 2022 from 10:00 Director General Ingrid Sølvberg gives a summary of the Shelf in 2021.
Oil discovery near the Fram field in the North Sea – 35/10-7 S and 35/10-7 A
07/01/2022 Equinor Energy AS, operator of production licence 630, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 35/10-7 S and appraisal well 35/10-7 A.
Drilling permit for wells 25/2-23 S, 25/2-23 A and 25/2-23 B
28/12/2021 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Aker BP ASA a drilling permit for wells 25/2-23 S, 25/2-23 A and 25/2-23 B, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Smarter use of data can increase value creation
21/12/2021 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has taken an initiative to discuss with the industry which steps can be taken to increase value creation through better use of data.
Production figures November 2021
21/12/2021 Preliminary production figures for November 2021 show an average daily production of 1 999 000 barrels of oil, NGL and condensate.
Five companies want to store CO2
16/12/2021 The Ministry of Petroleum and Energy has received applications from five companies in connection with the announcement of two areas associated with injection and storage of CO2 on the Norwegian continental shelf.
Geobank will remain closed
14/12/2021 Due to increasing infection levels, Geobank will close starting from 15 December. This will initially apply until the end of the year.
FactMaps – operational
14/12/2021 FactMaps and related services are now operational again.