Text size adjustment

Hold down the Ctrl key (PC) or Cmd key (MAC) and press "+" to enlarge or "-" to reduce the text size.

Drilling permit for well 6407/1-8 S and A in production licence 263 D

29/07/2020 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Equinor Energy AS a drilling permit for well 6407/1-8 S & A, cf. Section 15 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Well 6407/1-8 S and A will be drilled from the West Hercules drilling facility in position 64°59'55.64"N and 7°11'30.1"E after concluding the drilling of wildcat well 35/11-24 S for Equinor Energy AS in production licence 248 C.

The drilling programme for well 6407/1-8 S & A relates to the drilling of wildcat wells in production licence 263 D. Equinor Energy AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 80 per cent. The other licensee is Pandion Norge (20 per cent). The area in this licence consists of part of block 6407/1. The well will be drilled about 9 kilometres east of the Maria field.

Production licence 263 D was carved out on 2 March 2018 in APA 2017. This is the first exploration well to be drilled in the licence.

The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.

Map of well 6407-1-8-S

Contact
Per Henning Sæle

Tel: +47 51 87 64 52

Updated: 30/07/2020

Contact
Per Henning Sæle

Tel: +47 51 87 64 52