15/12-19

14/05/2008 Press release 27/2008:BG Norge AS, operator of production license PL292, is completing exploration well 15/12-19 in the North Sea. The well, located south of the Varg field, proved a gas and oil accumulation in reservoirs of Jurassic (Sleipner fm.) and Triassic (Skagerrak fm.) age.

A comprehensive data acquisition programme has been carried out. The well was tested with an oil rate of approximately 750 Sm3/day.

The overall resource potential is currently being evaluated. A preliminary estimate indicates recoverable reserves of between 3 and 5 mill Sm3 of oil equivalent which also includes the 6/3-1 discovery.

Field development studies are already initiated to progress a potential development of the discovery.

The well was drilled with the Jack-Up Mærsk Guardian in a water depth of 86 meters to a total vertical depth of 3169 meters below sea level.
 
Production License 292 was awarded in the North Sea licensing round in 2002 to DNO as operator. The operatorship was transferred from Lundin to BG in 2005. BG has 60 per cent equity with Lundin holding the remaining 40 per cent. The well will now be permanently plugged and abandoned. The Mærsk Guardian will move to PL 274 to drill exploration well 1/3-11 for Dong.

 

map

 

Press contact in the NPD
Eldbjørg Vaage Melberg, tel +47 51 87 60 00

Updated: 04/09/2009

Latest news

Minor oil discovery near the Ekofisk field in the North Sea – 2/5-15
28/09/2021 DNO Norge AS, operator of production licence 006 C, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 2/5-15.
Delineation of the 6507/3-13 oil and gas discovery southwest of the Norne field in the Norwegian Sea – 6507/3-14
28/09/2021 Equinor Energy AS, operator of production licence 159 B, has concluded the drilling of appraisal well 6507/3-14.
Production figures August 2021
23/09/2021 Preliminary production figures for August 2021 show an average daily production of 2 114 000 barrels of oil, NGL and condensate.
Drilling permit for wells 7/11-14 S and A in production licence 906
17/09/2021 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Aker BP ASA a drilling permit for wells 7/11-14 S and A, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Delineation of the 16/1-29 S (Lille Prinsen) oil and gas discovery and minor oil discovery near the Edvard Grieg field in the North Sea – 16/1-34 S and A
16/09/2021 Lundin Energy Norway AS, operator of production licence 167, has concluded the drilling of wildcat well 16/1-34 S and appraisal well 16/1-34 A on the 16/1-29 S (Lille Prinsen) oil and gas discovery.
Continued significant interest in exploration in mature areas in APA 2021
15/09/2021 The authorities have received applications from 31 companies in the Awards in Predefined Areas (APA) 2021.
Announcement: Award of area for storage of CO2 on the Norwegian continental shelf
13/09/2021 On 10 September 2021, the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy announced two areas for storage of CO₂.
Drilling permit for well 6306/3-1 S in production licence 937
13/09/2021 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted INEOS E&P Norge AS a drilling permit for well 6306/3-1 S, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Drilling permit for wells 35/10-7 S and A in production licence 630
09/09/2021 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Equinor Energy AS a drilling permit for wells 35/10-7 S and A, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Drilling permit for well 7122/6-3 S in production licence 901
08/09/2021 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Vår Energi AS a drilling permit for well 7122/6-3 S, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.